Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Good Day

So far so good.
2012 started out good for Gus and me.
We had a solo day (meaning husband/daddy Jacob is on a 24-hour shift away) and we kept it simple and easy, wearing comfy clothes and doing nothing we didn't want to do.
We met some very dear friends for coffee and Gus was being as outgoing and friendly as he can be - truly he was working at the very margin of what's comfortable for him - and he seemed to enjoy himself, playing even a bit for the adoring crowd.
It's moments like that, that all the hard work, all the patience, all the thinking in tiny minute details and then breaking it down some more, pay off. It's the moments when I see that my child will have a part in this world, too.

Today was a good day. I'm very grateful for days like today.
That's all I have to say today.

No comments:

Post a Comment