Monday, May 9, 2011

Short One

Just a brief note to tell everyone who has called, texted or commented, how much I appreciate all the thoughtful support and assurances....yes, the world must be populated with diaper-wearing 4 and 5-year-old boys and maybe mine will join their ranks (he'll be general if it's an army-sort-of-effort) and they'll march against potty-obsessed Mommas like me.

I really appreciate it - very much. I'm facing every day with a little more resolve and a little less inurity (not sure if that is a word...too lazy to look it up, too, shoot me you little diaper-guerrilla soldiers) there are faint signs of hope. The fact that he hates having it in his undies, the fact that he is genuinly sorry to make it in his undies, the fact that he can reliably tell you every step to get a toy reward...

It might be a long haul, but knowing myself, I will learn something from it, gain a bit of humility (which I need lots of) and make lots of funny stories out of it later...maybe to prop up another mom devastated by a son who won't do what she wants him to do....

Give it forward and make life more meaningful together.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post. There is nothing more humbling than parenthood! As I put together my resume after a few years of not "working", I realize the most valuable employer I have ever had is my sons. I have learned more from them than any educational or professional institution. And I've only just begun.

    Your are brave to share your struggles so candidly. It is a gift to all of us who struggle, in one form or another, along with you.

    Mmmmmuuuuaaah! Brynn

    ReplyDelete